66 Realm of Wizardry: Trent Severn Cruise

Realm of Wizardry

My place to rant and rave and just let the contents of my mind flow forth.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Trent Severn Cruise

Cruise rides seem to be a popular choice for 4 year olds. We took a 2 hour cruise up and down Locks 20 and 21 of the Trent-Severn waterway. Lock 21 by the way is the World's Tallest Hydraulic Lift Lock. The cruise was great. Also for the guy behind me in line, Gilligan's Island was a "3 hour Cruise" that they got lost on, not a 2 hour cruise. Grrr. If you are going to educate your kid about bad 70's (or was that 80's?) sitcoms at least get it right. Now I say bad, but really in comparison to the reality shows of today, were they really that bad?

We checked out Downtown Peterborough and the mall in the middle. That didn't take long at all. :(

So back to the cottage and a dip in the river again. We borrowed the inflatable dingy from the neighbours and in the Little one went and up the river we went. It is only about neck deep at the deepest (ok maybe a couple of holes which are deeper). I put together a first aid kit in case the Little One hurt herself. So of course the one that gets to christen the new kit is myself. :( Nothing major, just a scrape on the side of my leg. Those Q-tips with the Iodine and Antiseptic inside them are great. My hat off to the guy who thought that one up.
|| Stephen, 7/19/2005 08:48:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

More to come...

My links

Archive

Blogger

www.flickr.com
StephenHill's photos More of StephenHill's photos