66 Realm of Wizardry: <a href="http://www.randomhouse.com/bantamdell/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780553587760">Dexta By C.J. Ryan</a>

Realm of Wizardry

My place to rant and rave and just let the contents of my mind flow forth.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Dexta By C.J. Ryan

I figured it was about time that I give some opinions on the books that I read. As you can probably tell I like to read. Hence the reading list to the right there ----------------> Unfortunately it is a pasttime that tends to get expensive as the publishers like to rape us readers :( 12 bucks for a paperback ought to be criminal. It is also like crack. Damn bloody addictive. Oh well, I can think of a lot worse things to be addicted to. (just for the record, coffee and chocolate are not bad addictions).

Anyways, Dexta, I picked this one up on a whim. I was in Indigo on my lunch our without a clue as to what I felt like reading. I was literally picking up books by the picture on the cover. Go figure. In this case though, I won. I really enjoyed this book. It is more about work place politics than anything else. Albeit, the workplace politics in this book are taken to the absolute extreme.

The characters are well developed and very likable. The story is pretty good and well paced. I was pretty hooked on this from about the second page. I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but it is the first in what looks like if going to be an ongoing series. As long as the next ones are as good as this I will consider that a good thing.

As a side note, NEIL GAIMAN is coming to Toronto!!!!! And Raj and I have tickets to go see him speak and get a book signed. And of course drop 40 bucks for his new one!! Woo-Hoo!!

Happy Reading.
|| Stephen, 9/07/2005 09:08:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

More to come...

My links

Archive

Blogger

www.flickr.com
StephenHill's photos More of StephenHill's photos