66 Realm of Wizardry: Vacation Officially Starts!

Realm of Wizardry

My place to rant and rave and just let the contents of my mind flow forth.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Vacation Officially Starts!

Campbellford, ON

First day of vacation. Finally here and ready for a week of chillin' and relaxin'. I guess this is the first vacation that I have been on with Sarah. She has gone to England with her Mum before, but I was with them due to financial and work obligations. The cottage is great. It is small, but has all the necessary amenities. Flushing toilets, running water, a shower and bathtub and 2 bedrooms and a full kitchen. Outside is wonderful. It is right on the Crowe River. We were only her 5 minutes before we were in for a dip. The water is perfect, quite warm and clear. And more importantly, refreshing with the humidity as it is.

Since my cooking has a lot to be desired. I have elected to make picnic lunches each day and pick up suppers where ever we are visiting that day. For supper I decided that a drive into town would be a grand idea. Guess what?! Small town Ontario on a Sunday is the equivalent to a ghost town. Since I am a bonehead at times and have trouble reading a digital clock (duh!), we puttered into town about an hour before we should have been eating supper, I made the quick executive decision to check out Peterborough. It must have open food places, it is "big city". Not to mention the locks would be cool to show Sarah.

As we are trying to find things in Peterborough and Sarah telling me she is hungry, we find one of the locks in Peterborough (Lock 20) and as our luck has it, a boat is just going through the locks. Sarah was reluctant at first but that was short lived.

To make a short story out of a long story that was to be a short story, we found dinner (Taco Bell and Long John Silver's mixed restaurant) and headed back to the cottage and went off to bed.

Lots of pics here.
|| Stephen, 7/17/2005 08:35:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

More to come...

My links

Archive

Blogger

www.flickr.com
StephenHill's photos More of StephenHill's photos